Christine Bloodworth will run for District 1, Post 2 seat on the Tucker City Council in the Nov. 2 election. Ms. Bloodworth ran in 2019 against the incumbent William Rosenfeld, who passed away this year in January 2021. The council chose not to run special elections, and the seat is currently open to three possible candidates.
Long-Term Resident of Tucker
Ms. Bloodworth has lived in Tucker for 27 years and is committed to the community. Ms. Bloodworth is the Executive Director for Omega Support Center, a nonprofit organization that primary objective is start-up and small business development and community outreach.
Tucker is still a fairly new city, and while we are growing and making great strides in development, several community needs continued to be overlooked or ignored. I would like to see positive changes in affordable housing, accessible resources, homeless and human services assistance, equity, non-discrimination ordinance, and cultural diversity collaboration. We have a ways to go in some respects, as the division on several platforms still exists.
Ms. Bloodworth holds an MPA with a concentration in a nonprofit organization. As the Executive Director of Omega Support Center, a nonprofit that supports startups and small businesses. Omega Support Center also offers business, financial, and credit literacy classes, with effective programs for small business establishment and capital gain within 120 days of the program. As a “serial entrepreneur,” Ms. Bloodworth has operated four other businesses in Tucker.
Ms. Bloodworth is happily single, building her business, and spending time with her two children and three grandchildren. Currently, I’m working with my teenager, an 11th grader at Tucker High School, to catch up on her academic studies as she prepares for graduation and college.
Please contact Ms. Bloodworth to schedule meet & greets, speaking engagements, or other campaign interests at 678-615-2390 or via email at email@example.com.
Community Engagement and Outreach
- Every month we focus on the needs of the Tucker community. It's only through engagement that we make an impact on addressing the areas of shortage and need.
- Small business markets and pop-ups are held every six weeks to help support the community's small businesses and increase network and collaboration.
- Tucker Back to School Celebration: This year, we raised enough to distribute 659 free backpacks, school supplies, and refreshments. We thank you for such an amazing community effort to assist the students, parents, and teachers of Tucker Seven host schools. Thank you so much for being so supportive.
- Tucker's 2nd Annual Health Fair is October 9th, 2021, as we bring Health and Wellness to the Community. Make sure you check back for updates.
- Clothing, Diapers, and Homeless needs drives occur several months of the year as continuum care for those in need.
- Holiday Giveaway in December provides families in need of holiday gifts and food at no charge. Last year, over 1000 families in Tucker received holiday cheer and gifts.
Always Something to Be Done
If you would like to get involved in helping our community by serving others, please get in touch at 678-615-2390.
On Tuesday, November 2, 2021,
vote for Christine Bloodworth
District 1 Post 2